[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[job list] Student Programmers (2 0f 2) - Java Based Server Software
- To: jobs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [job list] Student Programmers (2 0f 2) - Java Based Server Software
- From: Dan Kauwell <kauwell@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:23:41 -0600
What: Student Research Programmer (Hourly
Who: Undergraduate or Graduate Student
For: Java Based Server Software
A project run by the Cognitive Computation Group and the Vizit
Development Lab in the Department of Computer Science at the University
of Illinois is hiring students who will work on the development of Java
based server software. The project is building an innovative system
that changes the way users search for information and collaborate on the
Internet and intranets. The potential exists for full time
employment over breaks (if desired) and summer internships. We need
highly motivated individuals who have experience in some of the areas
The successful applicant must have a willingness to learn, be
self-directed and poses good problem solving skills. Some experience with
the skills below is required, proficiency is a plus:
Please respond to kauwell@xxxxxxxx with a resume and specifically
state which of the skills above you have experience with.
- Experience with SQL. Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL is
- Experience with JSP, Struts, Tomcat (or similar) is highly
- Experience with Perl, PHP, or Python, especially for CGI or Web
Services development, is helpful.
- Ability to administrate Linux servers
- Experience with version control systems such as CVS or SVN.
- Experience with software development in a team environment is
- A machine learning or data mining background is a plus.
- Ability to learn and understand APIs and new technologies quickly!