[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[job list] Student programmers (1 of 2) - Internet Explorer Toolbar
- To: jobs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [job list] Student programmers (1 of 2) - Internet Explorer Toolbar
- From: Dan Kauwell <kauwell@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:20:41 -0600
What: Student Research Programmer (Hourly
A project run by the Cognitive Computation Group and the Vizit
Development Lab in the Department of Computer Science at the University
of Illinois is hiring students who will work on the development of an
Internet Explorer toolbar. The project is building an innovative
system that changes the way users search for information and collaborate
on the Internet and intranets. The potential exists for full time
employment over breaks (if desired) and summer internships.
Who: Undergraduate or Graduate Student
For: Internet Explorer Toolbar
The successful applicant must have a willingness to learn, be
self-directed and poses good problem solving skills. Experience with some
of the skills below is required, proficiency is a plus:
Please respond to kauwell@xxxxxxxx with a resume and specifically
state which of the skills above you have experience with.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming using C#, C++,
or Java. Experience with C# is a big plus.
- Experience developing GUI applications. Experience with COM and
developing Windows applications is a plus. Experience with Visual
Studio is helpful.
- Experience with 2D graphics programming. GDI or GDI+ experience
is a plus.
- A working understanding of HTTP, HTML, and XML. Experience
parsing HTML or XML using stream-based and DOM-based methods.
- A good understanding of how Internet Explorer and Windows function.
- Experience with version control systems such as CVS or SVN.
- Experience with software development in a team environment is
- A machine learning or data mining background is a plus.
- Ability to learn and understand APIs and new technologies quickly!