here's a job posting from Palm, Inc. Scroll down for all the info (it's in there). Please reply to Oscar with inquiries and questions. -- Ari Gordon-Schlosberg <regs@xxxxxxxx>
--- Begin Message ---
- Subject: Job opportunities at Palm
- From: "Oscar Cwajbaum" <Oscar.Cwajbaum@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 01:25:02 -0800
- Delivered-to: regs+uiuc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:25:59 -0800
- Envelope-to: uiuc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcXhIVsz2yLFPIpEREOMCL01msy06A==
- Thread-topic: Job opportunities at Palm
My name is
Oscar Cwajbaum, I am a software engineer at Palm and am helping to support our Software Engineering team in their staffing needs. We are currently ramping up our college hiring efforts and one of our UIUC graduates suggested contacting your organization as a way to reach potential applicants for our Internship and New College Graduate opportunities.
Does your organization have a mailing list or a way of posting job opportunities for your members, both current students as well as alumni?
Following is the job description for our current college grad opening. Anyone interested in applying may send their resume directly to the recruiter in charge of the college program at Tamara.Leonard@xxxxxxxx.
Thank you for your assistance,
Palm, Inc. -- the leader in handheld computing and communications solutions -- strives to put the power of computing in people's hands so they can access and share their most important information wherever they go. Palm handhelds address the needs of individuals, enterprises and educational institutions though thousands of application solutions. The company's products include Zire(TM) and Tungsten(TM) handhelds and Treo(TM) smartphones, software and accessories.
For more information on Palm, go to http://www.palm.com.
Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to design and implement new handheld and smart phone products. The software may include applications, system libraries and drivers for the PalmOS platform, as well as Palm specific system extensions and development tools. Successfully take the software components through the entire development cycle (design, implementation, release & maintenance). Primary responsibilities will include:
· Software design and development on a wide variety of handheld software shared across palmOne devices.
· Work with other application and system software engineers to ensure optimal design minimizing overall footprint of code and maximizing interoperability with other system components, reuse by other handheld software components and, potentially, third party software.
· Create corresponding documentation for the software components being developed.
· Work closely with the quality assurance team to ensure proper test case coverage and proper issue resolution.
· Rapid response to support issues which may require creation of patch or software updates.
0 – 1+ year related software engineering experience. For new grads several months of relevant internship experience is preferred.
· Experience in several software projects from design through delivery; demonstrated design skills; proficient C and C++ coding and debugging skills, good problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to take on and understand a new software component quickly and be able to make productive changes in a minimal amount of time with minimal supervision.
· Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly self-motivated, proactive and able to work well in collaborative, cross-functional team projects.
· Prefer an individual with recent PalmOS application development experience or experience in a similar embedded development environment.
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
--- End Message ---