[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[job list] ACM@UIUC Weekly Job Postings
- To: jobs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [job list] ACM@UIUC Weekly Job Postings
- From: ACM Corporate Committee <corporate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:23:55 -0000
ACM@UIUC Weekly Job Postings
Week of 01/25/15
With postings from:
* Software Engineering Professionals, Inc.
* UIUC College of Applied Health Sciences
* Sage Corps
Title: Software Engineer
Company: Software Engineering Professionals, Inc.
Contact: Jeff Gilbert <jsg@xxxxxxx> 3178431640
Hiring for: Full time
SEP is seeking a person with a passion for software engineering and
development, an unquenchable thirst for problem solving, and a penchant
for continued learning.
SEP develops software systems and products for its clients.
We see lots of variety in technology, domains, etc. SEP is 100%
employee-owned (ESOP). We have a great collaborative work environment
see sep,com for details and to upload a resume
Title: Programmer - Unity3D
Company: UIUC College of Applied Health Sciences
Contact: Citlali Lopez-Ortiz, MA , PhD <lopezort@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 217-300-1022
Hiring for: Part time
Student Hourly Programmer for Unity3D
College of Applied Health Sciences
Professor Citlali Lopez-Ortiz, researching on movement rehabilitation
for neurological disorders is looking for a skilled programmer to
develop high quality Unity3D scenarios for a project aiming at using
this technology to mitigate the impact of dystonia in children and
adults with cerebral palsy.
This position requires independent judgment, excellent technical skills,
ability to work autonomously, and keen interest in staying abreast of
video game technology, especially on Unity3D.
The Programmer for Unity3D in the Neuroscience of Dance Laboratory
reports directly to Professor Lopez-Ortiz.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of video game scenarios development,
from requirements, to design, to implementation, to testing and
- Stay abreast of trends in Unity3D and its components
- Respond to supervisor requests for development tasks conducted
in a timely manner
- Capture data from external sources and incorporate it into
Unity3D scenarios for proper context/navigation purposes
- Document developments
- Program Unity3D video games for the platforms the project may
need, i.e., stand-alone, web-based, or mobile
- Test developments thoroughly
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Computer science or computer engineering background
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and
collaborating in a high performance environment
- Experience developing video game scenarios in Unity3D
- Proficiency on C#, UnityScript, or Boo
- Experience in data gathering and systems integration
Title: CACM Videographer
Contact: David Roman <david.roman@xxxxxxx> 212-626-0661
Hiring for: Part time
Communications of the ACM (CACM), flagship publication of ACM, is
looking for individuals or teams who can create a video accompaniment to
an article published in an upcoming issue of the monthly CACM.
Videographers will handle video creation from start to finish, including
script-writing, filming, production, and editing. A comfort with
technical computer science content and an ability to translate CS
research into approachable language and/or video material is needed. A
track record demonstrating same is preferred.
Videographer(s) will work on a single video as a freelancer under
contract to ACM. Subsequent assignments for other videos are possible.
Title: Network Software Engineer
Contact: Susan Hinrichs <shinrich@xxxxxxxx> 217-840-6590
Hiring for: Full time, Intern/Co-op
The Yahoo Edge team is looking for interns and full time employees to
work with Apache Traffic Server to improve Yahoo's Edge Infrastructure.
The team is distributed across Sunnyvale, Champaign, and Beijing. With
this team you will have the opportunity to work on large scale
performance and security issues.
You will also work with the Apache Traffic Server open source community.
* Comfortable working in C/C++
* Able to develop in a Linux Environment.
* A good understanding of TCP/IP and socket programming.
* Enrolled in a CS/ECE program for intern or degree in CS/ECE for full
Good to have skills
* Familiarity with SSL in general and OpenSSL in particular.
* Understanding of newer networking protocols such as SPDY, HTTP2, and
* Working knowledge of Python
Title: Internship Abroad at Tech Startup
Company: Sage Corps
Contact: Emily <emily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3147800331
Hiring for: Full time, Part time, Intern/Co-op
Are you a rockstar hacker, hustler, or designer? Join us this summer!
Sage Corps is an elite experiential learning program that sends top
college students abroad to work with entrepreneurs at foreign tech
startups. All startups are affiliated with a local business accelerator
/co-working space, with whom Sage Corps partners. Sage Corps' 2015
summer cohorts will spend 8 weeks in Argentina, Brazil, Chicago,
Colombia, Hong Kong, Ireland, and Singapore. Past students made
incredible contributions to their companies, whether it was developing a
web/mobile product or a market entry strategy for a startup.
In addition to the internship experience, students also attend tech
conferences, networking events, investor pitches/demo days, and a
speaker series held at multinational corporations. Finally, each student
connects with aSage -- a successful business leader in the United States
who provides career advice and potential job contacts/opportunities
Rockstars are accepted on a rolling basis until all spots are filled.