[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[SIGMusic] Circuit stuff
- To: sigmusic-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SIGMusic] Circuit stuff
- From: Jacob Lee <jelee2@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:27:07 -0600
Thanks for the forward, Stephanie (and thanks to Joel Jordan for jumping
in and helping us!). I couldn't find a copy of Horowitz+Hill, but I
looked through a textbook during the VMWare pizzatation, and I'm pretty
confident that our circuit design will work to at least some
approximation. We can also test it in smaller steps:
- controlling the solenoids without the PIC (but with the transistor,
the voltage regulator, the diode reversed across the solenoid...)
- programming the PIC and getting it to do -something-
- getting the PIC to control a solenoid
On a related note, if we do find that the voltage regulator gets too
hot, we can always hook it up to a 9V battery instead of the 24V power
I talked to Wit, and he said there were some sample PIC programs in
SigARCH's trac ( http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/projects/SIGArch/browser ).
They look rather long, though...
He also said that we might in fact need to use a 555 timer together with
the PIC. That should be no big deal.
Jacob Lee <jelee2@xxxxxxxx>