[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [SIGMusic] meeting today
- To: sigmusic-l <sigmusic-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SIGMusic] meeting today
- From: RJ Marsan <rjmarsan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:33:55 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=sK5OT3VSnh8IuJqOsee01pwLoIP7agNrMlLFdImoEfg=; b=Lfmd0uZGJsUuP0Hs81JPLMe41jlZnsVyJNRKHU52UuM+u4TDBRs6YtkZOJfb2yeTCH xqKP/4hbVJIxXA8cWv0tRl5PdD2n7YyTrDkicpnb76kHWZ9JlAvM5FfmzrAyHLfz9al3 3FU7y8mONrqm6dCa35Cpd4x6gWfr9E19YdfG4=
Allright, good meeting. We're still having trouble getting android stuff set up, but hopefully that'll be resolved soon. If any of you need an android phone, or want me to figure out how to do it on other platforms, send me an email and I can try to set you up.
I've modified the app quite a bit, basically to the level we wanted it to be working during the meeting. it's in the market now. It's silly, it's awesome.
I went on to hack at the sequencer, adding distortion, and delay, as well as having a switch for different waveforms. Nothing tooo major, but take a look and see how it's done!
What we're going to talk about now:
We have... 10 - 13 parameters (depending on how you count) in the sequencer. We could add a ton more, and I'm encouraging you guys to hack at the patch as much as possible.
The equally important part to making the instrument, is performing it. Let's have a discussion on the best way to manipulate all these parameters from 1 phone/tablet. Here's a simple list of ideas:
A bunch of sliders (what we've done forever)
Other phones (making a network)
Let's have a good discussion and expand on some of these ideas, then pick one to work on for a bit. What we discuss and pick to do now doesn't have to be what we do for the semester and year, but it's a good place to start!
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM, RJ Marsan <rjmarsan@xxxxxxxxx>
Same place and time as usual (7:00, 1104, most likely heading to 1103 afterwards).
We'll be adding new features to our app and discussing broader plans.
see you there